We will read aloud from The Book of Revelation, share our responses with the group, and discuss application to our community following a guided study (Kerygma Program - http://www.kerygma.com/ ).
Our 14 meetings for this book are twice per month on Tuesday evenings. Interested in joining the discussions? Wish to know more about the discussion group? By Monday August 3, please contact Ken Bencala.
The Book of Revelation: Visions for the Church in Crisis
The author of Kerygma: The Bible in Depth brings deep insight to a very challenging book. Studying Revelation in context clarifies its message to an early church facing severe crisis. Its relevance for today is not in prophetic visions, but in its affirmation of victory and hope.
- Introduction: How to Study the Revelation
- Setting in John's Life and Faith
- Setting in Seven Churches on Earth
- Setting in Heaven
- Six Seals and the Saved Throngs
- Seventh Seal: Six Trumpets, Three Woes of the Eagle
- Interludes on Old Testament Themes: Seventh Trumpet
- Signs: The Woman and the Dragon
- Two Beasts and Several Sequels
- The Seven Bowls: The Last Plagues
- The Final Fall of "Babylon"
- Victory in Heaven and Earth
- All Things New
- Epilogue: Final Address to the Church